WHO WE ARE
The California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (CACS) was first initiated in 1997 as an independent chapter of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS). Dedicated to the advancement of patient care in cosmetic surgery, the CACS represents a multi-disciplinary assembly of physicians and surgeons.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Expertise and Networking: Connect with a diverse community of experienced cosmetic surgeons, industry experts, and thought leaders. Exchange knowledge, share insights, and collaborate with like-minded professionals to enhance your skills and broaden your perspective.
- Continuing Education: Stay ahead of the curve with access to exclusive educational opportunities. Benefit from workshops, and conferences featuring renowned speakers and cutting-edge research. Expand your expertise and earn continuing medical education (CME) credits to maintain professional certifications.
- Latest Industry Insights: Stay informed about the latest advancements, trends, and innovations in cosmetic surgery. Receive valuable updates on techniques, technologies, and best practices through CACS newsletters and online resources. Keep your finger on the pulse of this dynamic field.
- Advocacy and Representation: Join a unified voice advocating for the interests of cosmetic surgeons in California. CACS actively engages in legislative and regulatory matters to protect and promote the profession. Influence policy decisions and help shape the future of cosmetic surgery.
- Professional Recognition: Gain prestige and enhance your professional reputation as a member of CACS. Be recognized for your commitment to excellence and ethical practice. Leverage the CACS logo and membership status to instill confidence in your patients and peers.
- Peer Support and Mentoring: Access a supportive network of fellow cosmetic surgeons who understand the challenges and opportunities in your field. Engage in mentoring relationships, seek advice, and share experiences. Build lasting professional relationships that can enrich your career.
- Marketing: Expand your visibility and reach through CACS’s marketing initiatives. Leverage the organization’s promotional platforms to showcase your expertise and attract new patients. Listing on CACS website’s surgeon finder, including website link from Academy’s site (Fellows & Residents ONLY).
- Exclusive Resources: Enjoy exclusive access to a wealth of resources designed to help you succeed. From practice management tools and guidelines to patient education materials, CACS provides valuable resources to streamline your operations and enhance patient care.
- Job Bank and Selling Practice or Equipment
- Professional Growth and Leadership Development: Unlock opportunities for professional growth and leadership within the field. Engage in committee work, volunteer for leadership positions (Fellows & Residents ONLY), and contribute to CACS initiatives. Develop your leadership skills and influence the direction of cosmetic surgery.
Upon receipt of a completed application and dues fee, the application is forwarded to the Membership Committee for review. The Membership Committee recommends approval of applications to the Board of Trustees, provided all requirements are met. You will be notified by email approximately two to three weeks following submission of your application. Your membership certificate will follow shortly after, upon approval.
Upon approval by the Board of Trustees, CACS Active Membership may be granted to a physician (MD or DO), or to a dentist, (DDS or DMD), or to a physician Board Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS), or an ABOMS Candidate, practicing in the USA, Canada, or Mexico, who holds a license in good standing with their respective licensing board. Fellows are eligible to vote and hold elective office.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of board certification (if applicable)
- Copy of valid medical license
- Endorsement form
Resident membership may be granted to any physician who is participating in active residency or fellowship training and who has an interest in the field of cosmetic surgery. Residents membership dues are waived until completion of their residency or training program. After that time they will be obligated to apply for an upgrade to Fellow status.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of current medical license
- Endorsement form (signed by residency or fellowship director including start and end dates of program)
Upon approval by the Board of Trustees, CACS Affiliate Membership may be granted to any aesthetician professional including but not limited to NP, RN, PA, MA, Aesthetician, Office Manager or Staff.