CODE OF CONDUCT
The standards below reflect minimum expectations of behavior by all attendees at the 2023 Advanced Cosmetic Education Symposium. The California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (CACS) reserves the right to refuse entry, remove or revoke the registration of any individual, without refund, if such refusal is consistent with CACS’ policy.
Here is a non-exclusive list of forbidden behaviors:
1. Harassment (as defined in No. 2 below) of any person based on that person’s or any other person’s race, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability or disorder, physical attribute, mental or physical health, age, religion or creed, citizenship, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other immutable or intrinsic identity or characteristic, or based on any other classification protected by state, federal or local law, or based on the perception that a person has or had a characteristic or identity within any of the above categories, or falls within a protected classification, whether they do or not.
2. Harassment for purposes of this policy is defined as unwelcome and offensive jokes, taunts, slurs, epithets, stories, cartoons, insults, gestures, threats, physical acts or bullying or other offensive or obnoxious behavior or speech based on or targeting an identity or characteristic set out in No. 1 above, where that speech or behavior is objectively, and subjectively perceived by another person as, based on or targeting one or more of the characteristics described in No. 1 above in an unwelcome way. This is intended to cover any form of spoken, written or electronic expression or behavior that meets this definition.
3. Harassment or coercion of any person with the aim of causing that person to agree to, engage in or experience sexual or romantic relations or physical contact, or any unwelcome and intentional physical touching of another person or their clothing.
4. Drunken or other behavior or speech born of intoxication or impairment, where such is objectively, and subjectively perceived as, unwelcome and extremely obnoxious or offensive.
5. Theft or vandalizing of private property.
6. Intentional and unauthorized destruction, removal or defacement of campaign or other literature, signs, markings, messages or the like, unless the property belongs to or was properly given to the person destroying, removing or defacing it, or unless such was done with the permission of such a person.
7. Threats of physical or economic harm, or yelling or screaming, where such behavior is extreme and is reasonably perceived as threatening or offensive, particularly when accompanied by profanity or apparent intoxication or impairment.
CANCELLATION POLICY - NO REFUNDS
Registrants unable to attend may request a substitution in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Substitute must be copied on this communication. The appropriate registration fee will apply to the substitute, and any rate difference must be paid in full at the time of the request. Requests for substitutions must be received by Friday, October 27, 2023.
MEDIA AND SOCIAL MEDIA RELEASE
By submitting this registration, you acknowledge that you may be photographed and/or videotaped while attending this event. You authorize the CACS to use your likeness and voice. You agree that the CACS shall be the sole owner of all material captured by CACS and reproduced for post-event products. By tagging any CACS’ social media account or using the hashtag(s) designated for this event, you authorize CACS to use those images and posts.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By registering for and attending this event, you are aware you will come in contact with other individuals, which may increase your chances of exposure to the COVID-19 virus or other communicable diseases. You fully understand and acknowledge the risks that are inherent to your activities attending an in-person CACS event and voluntarily assume the risk of illness resulting from any exposure to or contraction of COVID-19 as a participant of the event.
ADHERENCE TO COVID-19 ORDINANCES
For the health and safety of all attendees, CACS strongly encourages all attendees to be fully vaccinated (including booster shot, as eligible), and participants are strongly encouraged to test for COVID-19 48 hours prior to arriving on-site.
All attendees of ACES will be required to follow the COVID-19-related ordinances for San Diego County, California, as well as the COVID-19-related policies of the Hilton San Diego Bayfront, that are in place at the time of the event. Masking guidance for San Diego County at the time of ACES will be followed. By registering for and attending ACES, you agree to follow all COVID-19-related ordinances issued for San Diego County, California and/or the Hilton San Diego Bayfront.
If you are unable or unwilling to comply with these ordinances, please do not proceed with the registration process.
Registrant agrees that attendee's full contact information will be shared with other attendees and exhibitors.